Thursday, May 10, 2012
Posts run from newest to oldest. Scroll down for earlier posts.
When I went through the Agriculture Program at The Evergreen State College my focus of interest was on urban agriculture. Because of the problems bees and other pollinators are having in urban settings, I wanted to design a project that created resources for insects. The small corner directly south of the Pole Barn at the organic farm was the closest thing to a "back yard" setting I could find. Below is a pictorial record of a ten month project to convert the area from a junk pile to a bee yard. Posts go from most recent (finished) to oldest (the site as I found it). I keep hoping someone at the farm will take up the ball on this...there were more plans on the drawing board, and creative contributions from faculty/manager, Stephen Bramwell, which were never completed.