Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Phase Two: Cleaning up the Site. (See also: Phase One posted below)


So, after selecting the site my next step is to clean up the stuff "stored" there. This was kind of a "two-steps-forward,-one-step-back" process and I am far from finished. 

Bearing in mind that the site I want cleared is the actual ground, my first step was to haul all the lumber out of the pole barn and stack it outside.

 Then I began work on a lumber rack. I am no carpenter, but I was able to cobble something together. I also managed to hang the door so it actually opens and closes.


At that point some of the PSA team helped bring the lumber back in. It is a little better organized which leaves more space for the outside items.

Now I could begin clearing the actual site of the future garden.

Slowly I can begin to see the ground and get an idea of what I need to do to prepare the soil. 

This is as far as I have gone so far. Also, I did put together a seed order for a few dozen perennials. This week I am going to try to propagate other perennials already growing so they can get a jump start in the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment